Monday 16 December 2013

December Daily : Day 16

So when my Mum was widowed at the age of 44 my godmother, one of Dad's cousins was a good friend to her and as my brother married soon after it meant I had two grown up ladies to hang out with.

On special occasions..I guess probably winter evenings close to Christmas they played Jim Reeves records and had a few drinks..often a Dubonnet and Lime (urghh) or maybe  port. I was sometimes allowed one too.. a lot more lime than Dubonnet.

So when I have a port and bitter lemon I always think of Mum..she would love one too..xxx

3 comments:

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)