Monday 4 February 2013

February sofa view!

   

January
 That title kind of reads a bit strange but it will all fall into place as the months progress. We are back on Week 1 of the month and Jen has given us the next line of the poem from Sarah Coleridge....    February brings the rain, thaws the frozen lake again.

I am sure the rain will not be a problem but getting a touch of frost may be hard here as so many of the views I chose are very close to the sea..

The monthly 'Sofa View' however will not be affected by the weather.. but I am doing it all the same! Yesterday all the family came over, M&D, three little girls and we all got some lazy time together.. well maybe not JB and Tom as they took Lilly to wash cars in the yard but great fun was had and the big girls had a bath too, so that was another Sunday night chore off their list which if I recall helps a lot!

February?


Jordan took some nice pictures and I took a few on my phone, this one is very similarly positioned to the January one (also a rubbish quality as on my phone!), but it shows Lilly in a sheep outfit and Lyla cuddling up, much to Lilly's annoyance!




..and as for baby Annabelle.. well she and I had our little bit of time too. It's hard when there are young ones who know you so well, not to feel like you are leaving them out, but they were fine and I snuck the little one upstairs for my first time bathing her in my bedroom sink...  Heating on, towels soft, April on camera and me on Nannie mode.... I just loved it, we talked... well, she listened and I talked!  She cried a little but not too much and we washed her hair and rinsed her off, then cuddled up in some warm towels. 

It all is so second nature and comes back to you in an instant, I found myself telling April all the things the lovely midwives at Bolitho (Maternity Home) told us as first time Mums .. how to rest them on your wrist and hook your little finger under their armpit to stop them slipping away from you in the bath, how you should really take the vest off down over the body to stop getting germs in their eyes, oh all those things which made a baby so precious.

Some of the pictures were in B&W and we will no doubt be scrapbooking them, but then we saw the warmth come into them as the colour pictures .. a gorgeous yellow babygro Uncle Bill brought us for Lilly, almost five years ago, when he was here for Ken & Jean's Golden wedding...a lot of water under our communal bridges in that five years..It was just like new as Lyla had the hip brace and couldn't wear lots of the first size things.

We think that Annabelle may also have to have the hip brace for a while, but it is common with breexch babies and after the unknown with lyla it is less of a worry this time. Also she just got results back all okay today as she had been jaundiced for a little longer than expected .. I was so pleased, a little family so busy doesn't need any extra worries..but it is strange how you don't know how much it was on your mind until the relief of an all good result comes to you.. x
 ..anyways, I go on too long.. I think this will be my Sofa View for February..
February!


12 comments:

  1. Double yes to the February sofa view. None of you looks at the camera and that makes it such a natural photo. Beautiful ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it too, just like the sofa is the constant and the people are just passing through picture as the months pass by.. would be great to have a timelapse camera wouldn't't it xxx

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of you all cuddling up on the sofa and jut love the black and whit photo. Just such a lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and Annabelle is so cute, no I'm not getting broody!! Really like the idea of your sofa shot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to read your post this morning and I like both views for sofa in Jan! How adorable is Annabelle and how lucky April is to have you sharing all your wise words and thoughts xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful post, so full of love and family things. I can't wait till my next grandchild arrives in May.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black and white photo.The sofa one is very cute. Glad you had good news re Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your idea for the sofa view is so original! I really love it. To see such a tiny gorgeous baby and to read your post about bathing her and talking to her makes me really nostalgic - well just for a few moments. The time one spends with the little ones is so precious. I hope to be a grandmother in a few years' time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sofa views. Your story was so touching. Babies are such miracles. I am anxiously waiting for our new grandchild which will be born at the end of March. Annabelle is so precious. I know you love being able to have them close. All of children are adorable. Thank you for sharing such memorable thoughts with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous and precious photos Kathi, I just love your nostalgia with the bathing, took me right back to slippery baby bath night. I confess I chickened out of my first solo try and made sure there was someone with me as I got the hang of it. Of course by the time Ali came along I could wash Louis at the same time as holding the baby in :)

    Great sofa view, it is going to be a great collection by the end of the year.

    Sorry again to not be around this week, I managed to get out today to get my view photo. Lesson learned, I will be doing all the prompts in advance this month :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)