Monday 21 January 2013

This week's challenge..

...from LuckySnapping is happening over here!  Lynne has set us a nice thought provoking prompt for the week :

“There are 3 things that a child can teach an adult

To be happy for no reason

To be always be busy doing something

And to know how to demand – with all one’s might- what one wants” ~ Paulo Coelho

My questions to you

What makes you happy? Are you ever happy for no reason? Why?

What are you busy doing this week?

What do you want, wish for? Are you good at demanding what you want like children do?

So I asked my family, an amusing bunch and this is what they said :

What makes me happy?..When you have fed all your family and someone else does the dishes.

 Am I ever happy for no reason? Yes...

Why?... Generally because you have had three or more ports!

Thanks guys, but I cannot disagree.. more sensible thought out offerings will come as the week goes by!


.................................................

This is the view I had as I left my bedroom and looked out to the front garden this morning.. a sweet frosting of snow!  Later the view from my kitchen towards the yard, where my new extension will be ..sooooon!  (the builder is coming to see us Wednesday.. yay!)  
and this is the view out of my front door.. April who has joined the blogging crew, taking her revised 'snow' January view..


Work today and Lyla stayed home as poor Lisa lives about 5 miles higher than us, the snow was thicker and the roads are all downhill, so they enjoyed an extra weekend day. (btw the girls have been brilliant with Annabelle, Lilly even watched a whole film sitting holding her.. awhhh)
Col & I had a great surprise which was being kept from us.. Jordan got her braces off her teeth.. after almost three years of treatment, revealing and removing hidden teeth.. oh what a fabulous job they did.. .. ..... she hates today's picture as she says she looks spaced out, but hey, look at those pearly whites and I think she looks like my niece Jana, her cousin and I haven't seen that before!

10 comments:

  1. I have already seen April's blog and saw you too have had snow. So pleased to see JB without her brace and such lovely teeth too.

    Loved your families answers, must ask Peter tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow pics as we have had non :-( Jordan lookings good x
    Hugs
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snow pictures. What a fab job they did on Jordan's teeth. David also had braces for 3 years and when he removed them it was absolutely amazing too ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must feel soooo much better for her. Lovely gnashers. Well done for sticking it out, she looked dead pretty anyhow, but her confidence will soar now.
    And we don't have snow, which is most unfair.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea to ask your family ... though I am not sure if I am up to it. I like your snow pictures and it snows here too. Taking off braces is a huge event and the feeling is so good - my daughter had them for several years and she has wonderful teeth and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also ask my family. I think it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great news about the braces and lovely teeth- worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures of the snow (even though I don't miss it). Both my kids had braces. It's amazing what they can do. Congratulations to Jordan for getting her braces off! She is a beautiful young lady with a beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol love the family replies, so glad I didn't ask mine!! Love your snow can you believe we haven't had a flake up the road here!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter had her braces removed a few months ago- but hasn't let me take the pearly white photos! Love your snowy photos.

    I've jumped in on the blog from today- will try and catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)