Monday 24 December 2012

365/359 Mouth watering!

There's a big emphasis on food at Christmas isn't there! We left the house this morning and JB was making peppermint creams, honeycomb, toffee, gingerbread cake, icing two cakes and making lemon meringue pies x 10... oh and Chelsea buns!!

We got in at 3pm and she was done.. done in too!  She has made Christmas for me this year, she loves the cooking and I love having home made stuff in the house..

Mouthwatering and hip hugging! xxx
Lisa went to see the doc at local hospital, well in Truro half an hour away, to find he was off sick... but they had been trying to contact her all week, even sending the midwife to visit... yeah right!  She was only there last week when they made the appt.. I was thinking how good he was, still working at 4pm on Christmas Eve..

Slipper frenzy!

.. so they had a meal out and we enjoyed some fils and playing with the girls.. I gave them their Christmas jamas and slippers.. there must have been magic dust in the slippers, they were like whirling dirvishes!

So now it's quiet, Ross & Kate at work, everyone else wrapped and done, no last minute worries..and as we don't do meat it will be time to think about a meal about 3pm tomorrow.... I'm off now to laze in a bath and reflexct that for one of the first years I can remember I am laid back, ready and smiling!!!

To those of you who are stressed.. try and take a breath and enjoy... tomorrow it'll be done and on Boxing Day we can sleep in and enjoy the spoils of .. our efforts!  xxx

3 comments:

  1. JB has been very busy- enjoy! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, she is like a baking machine...she should definitely make it her career. I would have still been reading the recipe book!

    I am so happy that you have not been feeling stressed, I only did the last couple of days with working full-time and the blinking floods but the rest of it has been lovely.

    I hope you have a lovely day today :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done to JB !!! Oh and the calories, lol. Merry Xmas to you all Kathy. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)