Sunday 2 December 2012

365/333-7 Another chasing of tail!

Catch up time again I'm afraid. I have been busy and even writing comments has been very scarce on the ground.. sorry everyone!

Day 333 Wednesday.. planning to go away the next day, my fruit was well stewed in the red wine and then the Cointreau (which I have just discovered is a great addition to a mulled wine / punch type hottie at this time of year!! )  So I set to in the morning and made my Christmas cakes, one for us and one for Pops, all gluten free. They look good so far!!  This is the whole cake before baking!

Day 334 Thursday ..Col and I set off mid morning (after I had done a hours work, oh how it comes in just as you are leaving the office!) with Kate to go to Watford for the final photo day for the Teen model competition she was in.  Long drive but nicely interspersed with a quick MacD and a shop (in Lipsy... ohh the gorgeous dress she bought at Col's choice.. so so gorgeous!) at Cribbs.  We are kind of deprived from decent shops this far west so everyday shopping at Cribbs for some is a real treat for us girls!  Nice when we can get it!

Years ago Kate cleaned the office and the loos and joked she felt like Paris Hilton on the Simple Life and came in wearing elbow length rubber gloes holding a bucket at arms length.. ever the diva.. so we booked into the Hilton!!  Well it wasn't much more than the Premier Inn and when the guys took her bags to show us the room she was really impressed.. here she is in her room at the Hilton.. not too much debris (yet)but she had only just arrived ;-)

But this is the kind of debris the rain keeps leaving in the lane just outside our yard!



Day 335 Friday .. Col and I did some nice browsing and some actual shopping in Watford (!) while Kate had her day.. a lot of hanging about, but nmaybe that's a taster for modelling , who knows.  We went back for the catwalk bit and the 14 girls all made such an effort, looked amazing and some of the shoes were .. well, for fear of sounding like my Mum, I don't know how they walked in them!   Kate didn't make it to the last three who go to the Clothes show next week but i would not have wanted to choose either. She wasn't down hearted, just wants to do more and have something else to aim for, so that's cool. All a good experienece, she met some great girls and we took some well deserved and enjoyed time out! 

I thought she looked fab, even here at the services on the ride home!

Not much assymetry in nature to be seen on our way home but here is a Cornish hedge, the trees are always screwed to one side with the salty southwest winds which prevail (bit of geography there!)


Day 336/7  Sat / Sun.. back to normal, but a bit like in the summer. Just me and Col, Kate seeing pals and working,  Ross away seeing mates and Zac, and JB back working in St Ives.  Healthy eating back on the menu next week (JB made some fabulous breads which put paid to my good habits!)

The fruit bowl over floweth at home...

 

and for Sunday I must show the random assymetrical orchid which is still flowering ..almost two years now..xx

Oh and as for Story Telling Sunday.. I may just be out of words.. it has taken me two hours to transfer some pics to G+ to solve the storage issue for my pics!!

4 comments:

  1. nice to see you with your update. Shame about the competition...beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did so well to get that far and she is such a beautiful girl. As you say great experience!

    I love your catch up, I am in the same boat, I left it a week though!!!!

    I haven't joined in Storytelling Sunday either...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you, had forgotten about you coming to London and well done Kate getting that far too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)