Sunday 25 November 2012

365/330 Forgotten


At least it had stopped raining when we ventured out for an hour this afternoon.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy seeing the angry grey sea as much as the calm blue millpond in the summer.  I am wondering too if the Mount should not be one of my views for next year as it is so close and the panorama changes with the weather... so that is three views so far.. sounds like a daily pic Jen! So much for going weekly as I had planned!

The seagulls are amazing creatures (well I think that when I see them flying, not so much when they are in a seaside town!) just playing in the wind.  We had a lazy day again, Ross & April tidied the sitting room, got the fish tank out of the alcove and made everywhere feel 'ready for Christmas', we even put on some Christmas music.. heck, if you can't enjoy it before then come Boxing Day it's done.

This evening I weighed and wined the fruit for two cakes, one for Pops, a special cake this year as he has to have gluten free stuff now, but hopefully it will make him feel better.  April and I lined the cake tins.. my Mum always had a tin ready to go, so I know I am the grown-up now!

As a side story I had a fabulous dream last night, it seemed to go on for hours, lots of different people at all different stages of their lives, but I woke really happy.  I had met my dad again, but he was now my age (I guess he hadn't aged) and I kind of fell in love with him even though he didn't really say much, I just knew that I could see all the reasons my Mum had loved him... a bit of a Benjamin Button type scenario...very strange but beautiful and as I grinned when telling a bemused Colin about it (he says he doesn't dream..) but a little tear trickled from each eye as I lay in bed.  Wishing I could bottle it up so I don't forget it, it really made me think of a fab book I once read, I think it was a teenagers book, called Elsewhere, you should read it!

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely dream. You are getting ready for Christmas, not long now

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful dream Kathi, love it. I also love angry sea. When we got married in Penzance it was mid December and there was a lot of wind. It was completely surreal and we have some photos with our hair straight on our head, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with Christmas preps,xx

    I love wild and windy days by the sea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely Kathi, great memory and dream. xxx

    That sea looks great, and that is why we love the millpond isn't it because we have seen the tempest! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)