Monday 19 November 2012

365/323-4 Playful & free choice!

Well Sunday was out of the ordinary. I went stocking filler shopping with Lisa. It's been a long while since we went just us, no babes, no sisters, just us.  It was nice, two grown women who are extensions of each other, who know almost everything about each other and yet can be so so different.  We rubbed along nicely, had lunch at M&S and dragged some parts of Truro from recession in a minor fashion!

We bought advent calendars, stockings (yes three so they all match next year) and all things Christmassy! Plus of course a bunch of ideas growing for the big kids!  Both of us have men who are great at the big kudos pressies but fade from sight when the padding out pressies are involved.. but hey, like the ad says 'would we have it any other way?'

The rest of my brood went to the lovely, (in fact increasingly lovely in the shadow which is nearby Penzance), St Ives. Lunch and a bimble, a promise to go with Pops Christmas shopping (oh, you are a star JB) and some without-mum time.  I am so bossy and noisy (or make that chatty) I bet it was odd, maybe a little like when Col goes away, but good that everyone spent time together in different pockets. 

Dear Zac, without trying he has this way of getting everyone to make an effort. Lisa once said he is like the glue, the big kids see him as their kid brother and the younger ones see him as their.. well hero in Jb's case and well a big brother in Kate's place. He drove back to Sothampton and made good time, perfect to watch the F1 late on.  It won't be long before he is home to cut my holly and chill a little longer.

I feel somewhat embarassed by the lovely comments from my 365 crew and others, they read me waxing lyrical about our events and I guess they are generally feel good events but I do try not to moan about the things which annoy me and specifically when they are about .. yes, the kids but that is usual isn't it?.... it seems unfair to put to text a feeling which will fade with time.. oh boy, there have been plenty, but they should not be what the kids and grandkids should think I was overwhelmingly taken with. Does that make sense?


Jb has written her cake blog this evening .. she was dishearened by a failed lemon meringue but I have pictures of her being playful with a blow lamp on the meringue..







..and these pictures she took of cooking with Lilly during half-term really deserve and airing for my free-choice selection..



 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures of Lily. That lemon meringue looks pretty delicious to me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice catch up and always enjoy your blogging, I think it is your style of story telling xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a lovely post, you really evoke feelings brilliantly.
    I agree, whilst I could fill a blog post everyday with each child's annoying/naughty behaviour, I too focus on the good. They will not want it out there and they will not want to know when they are older. I will of course point it out to them :D

    Lily looks cute and indeed the meringue looks fab. Also I wish I had started learning how to cook before I had a family to feed, I would have been better quicker and I wouldn't have ever served up what is now known in our house as salt soup lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same on Sunday and had a great day. Love the baking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely post and the meringue looks very nice. Great pictures of Lily.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)