Sunday 11 November 2012

365/314-6 Ponder..warm..memories.

Hi.. me again! Just playing a minor catch up. I could post three times and pretend they are daily entries but hey.. I even think the three words work well together as a phrase which fits well to today and this special time of year when we remember all those we have lost, not only the soldiers in the wars.

So, to recap.. Friday.. poor Col, a tough few days driving and spending time with customers, then a day in the office fighting proverbial fires on the technical front as is the case when you make bespoke units from concept to delivery in about 16 weeks!.. he was quite worn out by the end of the day and was in need of a gin or two!  We have been dieting a bit (well eating a lot less bread, very few cakes and loads less wine and chocolates..yes, eating normally!) the last few weeks with some decent results, and me playing teen taxi also helps us drink less of an evening.. but on Fridays we usually do start the evening with something relaxing!

As you know Jen, Anne and I have been pondering the details of the challenge for next year and we know one of the weekly photos will be a view, so we can see how it grows and changes over the seasons.  I plan to use a view across the field at the bottom of our yard, Col has plans to build a new workshop / shed there so he says the view may not be improved, so i hope to include ths ite and some vegetation to help show the seasons..

BUT my main picture will be of my view across Porthcurno bay.  I have often taken the shot from the top of the hill (just by the place where we had outr wedding meal, the hotel is now holiday lets and one of those flats is on my personal 'Iwantoneofthose' lists!

I chatted to the rest of the family about it (the image I should choose, sadly not about buying a holiday let!) and we agreed that we do get up there, about ten miles away, every month or so and the view will change with sea state and tide, as well as the light quality..and what better excuse to get out there for a walk every few weeks. (It is close to where my M&D are buried so it is a cause for visiting most months in any case, what with special days to remember for them throughout the year)


My view for 2013

So, today I went with Ross & April and another of their pals and we did an extended walk there, not very long, but more than the usual trip.. across the top of the beach, up the steps to the Minack, refreshment break and then onwards along to Porthchapel and up to church and back along the road.  It was fab.. great weather, huge waves, sunshine and a great topping of the usual nostalgia..and they all indulged me so kindly! Crazy old lady!

We decided a view from the top of the beach would give us vegetation in the picture to show the seasons too.. I can't see me using only one of these views!  This is the view over the next headland as you walk from the Minack towards PorthChapel, the seas were huge and as it was almost high tide we didn't get down on the beach..

Porthchapel beach
Yesterday I went to town, got my nails done, a vain attempt to make my scuffed up hands tidy for the Christmas season, and did some bits & bobs for stockings.. yes, they still have all those fillers even at 15 to 26 years old!  But it is great having the young ones to buy for, all those Dot to Dot books and stuff..

Later the girls came over so JB could babysit as we went to Truro with M&D to see Greg Davies (the headmaster form the Inbetweeners) do his stand-up show.  We ate first and the show was really good, a full house and he clearly enjoys and is amused by the whole thing he does..xx 

Lilly was very happy with her new jumper and this duck which Dom helped her make a shiny foil helmet for.. but she made me promise to 'fix the red-eye' before I posted this.. Lilly in her warm new fleece.

I just love those fleece jamas too, she loves them because they are more boyish and have dinosaurs!











Memories always feature heavily whenever we drive to the west of Penzance, especially so when we get close to the sea. It's amazing how replenished I feel being there, it's as if the sea is a link to the life we had as kids, as if the same sea touched my family all those years ago..

.. I also loved this shot of the sky as we drove away, towards Sennen, I always love when the sun peeks through the sky, like someone somewhere is saying Hi..

.. it was Mum's birthday last week, she would have been 87. Every day I hear myself say something or I feel something which makes me understand better the way she was..


This is an old layout I did of the Minack which kind of says it all really...

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post Kathi, I love the mood of it, reflective but optimistic :) I adore your view of course, who wouldn't be inspired by that beauty?

    A nice way to spend some time thinking of your Mum, such hard feelings. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful views, lovely pictures and very reflective :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your views I'm looking forward to see the weather changes over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, a lovely enjoyable post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night when I saw your blog, I knew it would be a good blog read so saved it til this morning to read in bed with my first cuppa :)
    What a wonderful view you have chosen too, I have no idea what I will choose yet!!!
    Great 'moody'sky photo tooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos Kathi. The funny thing is they raise so many memories for me too. Not only getting married there, but we also came back 3 years later and we definitely plan another trip one of these days. You do live in a little paradise ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the view you have chosen - looking forward to seeing this one regularly! I like the idea of the same view over the year. I have always wanted to photograph Oliver (particularly when he was younger) stood in the same place every month so I could ring the changes, but never bloody got round to it.

    Thanks by the way for your kind comments on my posting about my cousin, I appreciate them.

    And again how lucky you are living within striking distance of something as interesting as the Minack. So envious! x

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)