Wednesday 7 November 2012

365/312 Creature.

Well this isn't a word I use very much but I notice that Lilly likes to use it, I think because her Dad refers to her as his little creature and also to the living things you find in gardens and stuff as creatures. Funny how some people use a word a lot while others don't, I think the things you find in the garden are what my Mum would call creepy crawlies; my favourite was the wonderfully but locally called 'Grammer-sow'. 

Now my brother was just starting secondary school when I was born, the story goes that Mum had put his new Grammar School uniform out before she went off to hospital, that was a Wednesday, just after she had burnt her arm with an iron and everyone wondered if that would set the wheels in motion and the new baby would finally make an entrance...well I finally arrived on the Saturday, late in the evening after Dad had hung around every evening hoping something would happen.. they almost sent her home at one point, not like today when if they get you in they fiddle and interfere til the darned baby is here and you are on your way home pronto!

Anyways, as ever I digress, I grew up thinking that the 'Grammer-sows' were named after the kids at Ken's school, as that was what the kids used to call the children who went on to Grammar...little did I know, and even when I discovered it I didn't want to change my lovely nickname for them.. yes, they were 'woodlice'... somehow not half as romantic a name.. they were so cool, they lived in rotten wood, of which there was a lot in the hedgerows and even better, if you played with them they rolled into tight little balls..

More recently these are the Creatures that spring to mind, Zac used to love these characters..hope it plays okay..









.. and here for good measure is our lovely Harvest Mouse creature..I so love her!

7 comments:

  1. Aww look at that lovely little harvest mouse :)

    Love the story and I adore Grammar-sow as a creature word, brilliant. TFS the creature comfort ad. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoopid Anonymous! Be gone you pesky internet Grammar sow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love creature comforts and what a cute little harvest mouse :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little mouse is certainly the sweetest !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little harvest mouse. I so miss the little assemblies! I am even contemplating asking whether Em's old special school still do their 'signed' xmas assembly at the local church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for getting rid of the verification xxxxx Hope you don't need it again!!

    What a great find that creature comfort advert! and bless your harvest mouse, how cute xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty little harvest mouse and I also love creature comforts.
    What an interesting name Grammer-sow is

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)