Sunday 21 October 2012

365/294-5 B&W Portraits and close-up

Well it's been a chores done and children friendly weekend!  Col and I got a load of jobs done Saturday, the girls pitched in too. It was nice to get some things done, especially as they kind of happened rather than being planned and having a list which invariably you don't achieve .. setting yourself up to fail and all that!

In the evening JB and I went to see her b/f in the Wizard of Oz and took Lilly along. She did great especially as it went on til ten and she had been to a party in the afternoon. She has only seen the film once and whad remembered all about the two witches and everything! Dom did great as the scarecrow, all battered and bruised and he says when he puts wellies on it makes him feel like he should walk funny!

Today the girls came by while Daddy prepped the paintball 'jungle'(!) hoping that he and Zac will get a game or two when Zac is home for a weekend. We almost went out on the boat early on but the wind was promised SE and sure enough it came, along with the rain... so we watched MotoGP in bed before a lazy get up.. proper Sunday!  My, and how it rained in Sepang, Malaysia for the racing!

I haven't really excelled at this B&W challenge, kind of tweaked a few snaps I took earlier, not quite the effort I intended.. but hey..here's our two girlies..and below is a portrait of me by Lilly!





 

We had a good laugh, I found some school books from when Lisa was not much older than Lilly is now..it's amazing how time comes around. The close up is taken from a video of the dolphins we saw back in September. I was trying to link into a video which you might like....maybe later!

6 comments:

  1. love the pictures, so cute and your portrait is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures and your portrait is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she gives you a handbag :)

    Glad to hear you have a nice weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a weekly prompt sounds do-able, we could see how many people would be interested and then take it from there with what people would be happy to set as a challenge. I am more than happy to do some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something very elegant about b&w photographs, and yours are no exception. Were those dolphins in our waters??

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to here you had a lovely weekend I love the portraits especially the one of you

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)