Sunday 14 October 2012

365/286-7-8 Architecture-street scene-chimneys















 I always think of trips to France when I think of architecture. These are a couple of an amzing (hotel I think) copper clad building near Lille Central Station.. and then something more traditional in the town centre there..sun always helps!
 














A bit of a picture heavy post to catch up. It's been quite a nice weekend, I spent time at the local college yesterday with Kate, looking at different beauty courses and how the apprenticeship wrks as opposed to the diplomas. Luckily she seems to have made a good impression with the people who run the courses, they have been to her school and one of them is at the Pole Dancing class (!) so it's looking a little more sorted for next year, which makes me a little comfier... she doesn't seem desperate to do anything in particular but I think when she realises she is learning some sellable skills she will really get into it..


 














Today Col and I went over to St Ives, I have waxed lyrical about it before, whilst dissing 'my town' and it sure did deliver. Great shops, yeah a little posh and touristy but hey, if it works, don't knock it.. all open on a Sunday, great places to eat (especially Seafood Cafe... still so, so reliably wonderful!) and just a looked after feeling. 

So I took my street scenes there and as we travelled home I took a rare sky picture.. and there were chimneys too!









The last one is our own chimney..

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Kathi. We also went to St Yves and loved it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful photos. I too, love St Ives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and yes St Ives is beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm the best time of the year to visit St Ives, you can actually see it now!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck to Kate and college. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)