Sunday 30 September 2012

365/271-4 Catch up: Haphazard-bridge-stripes-reflection.

Writing day(s) late here, lacking the wordy photo mojo and still unable to upload pics within blogger on my tablet.. bah!  Poor Col, he got me the tablet so I could blog and browse while we are watching TV  and now I will have to go back to kitchen blogging, but at least I am more prolific then, the keyboard on a tablet makes my shoulders ache!

It's been a busy few days but not in a very interesting bloggy way, so this may be short and sweet... or protracted and boring, you just necer know!!  We have been interviewing for a new design guy in the office and for once have a few young guns to choose from. It is a draining process as you spend a lot of time before, during and after, thinking about the possible outcomes of your decisions! 

Yesterday late afternoon Col came with me over to take flowers for Mum, it is four years today since she died and I have had a not too sad time, more reflective if you pardon the connection. 

I was fussing about cutting the flowers and tidying the grass around the flower pot and Colin make me smile, telling my Mum just how I am still bossing him about, telling everyone how it's done..I just loved him so much at that point. I'm not quite sure what we both think about the future, life beyond here, but even if we disagree I knew then that he understands why I so love to go three, to the churchyard, a special special corner of my world, which amazingly and perhaps significantly for me, being the nostalgia freak for my past that I am, hasn't changed in all my life.  It's almost like there has to be a place for me which hasn't changed, a place to go so you can forget the rest of the world and just be at whatever point in your life you want.. standing still..perhaps that's what churches in general hold for lots of people..

I took a few pictures and I think they work for all the prompts, it was nice to make a series and of the same trip out.. they may not be in prompt order but they make most sense this way..

Bridge: this little bridge just close to the church is where I used to get water for the flowers if I forgot to take some. I varies in its overgrown-ness (!) but I always go look at it, sometimes you can stand on a stone right in the stream.  I remember my best friend Teddy having his head washed off in there when he fell as he rushed into church late and bashed his head on the pew..








Haphazard - stripes: the gravestones were shrouded in evening summer sun, just the way I like it and cast untidy stripes of shadow, some of the very oldest headstones are crooked and still seem to slope more depending on how the rain and weather have affected the earth..

 
It's amazing, some of the graves, can you imagine if we wanted to erect this kind of thing today?


Reflection: at first I thought there had been harvest services but soon I realised there had been a wedding. Lovely that they had been allowed to have paper confetti without someone moaning about clearing up, an arched garland of leaves around the doorway and on the pillars inside... it was truly a place where there had been a celebration... inside I saw these lovely words on a card..nuff said..xx
After that I went to spend the evening (hic!) with two of my scrapbook pals who are staying down this way for the weekend, I even took two bags of tools and papers, that's just where they stayed.. in the bags. we ate, drank, chewed large amounts of familt fat and had a lovely time.. Ross picked me up and has today kept his promise to set me up on Fbk at last, but in a very limited sense so i can chat with them easier during the times we don't get to meet up!  Thanks you two.. hope you made the journey to my homeland and got some great photos..xx!

Today the girls came by and I just have to end with this fab little pic of our baby one.. aka Boo from Monsters Inc when she wears those bunches!  It was nice, dad played paintball (but it's just not the same without Zac!) and Mum and us even managed half an hour of adult chat while the babe slept and Jb took Lilly to wash the car!  I remember those days, when conversation was held aver the heads of toddlers and their activities!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy glad you have somewhere to go where life doesn't change xx
    Well done on the catch up and liked your reflections and thoughts, a good take for you

    I have a scrapping weekend in 2 weeks time and know that I will scrap very little but will, chat eat and drink more, I call it playing hard!!

    Lovely photo of Lily too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely blog post. a very reflective day for you and I love the pic of boo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reflections and a great catch up. Well done and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Kathy, it was indeed reflection day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss Kathi, 4 years is not long and your love for her shines through.
    I agree, a graveyard is such a special place and to have one that is not overly manicured and is unchanging is special, especially when there are so many memories for you there, love the story of Teddy and his bashing.

    Bunches, she wears them very, very well :)

    (((hugs))) Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a cottage once, which backed onto the village church, and graveyard. Having had a lifelong terror of death and graves (too vivid an imagination) I hesitated on the purchase of the house. My Nan (passed away now) said to me 'it ain't the dead you want to be scared of' and it calmed me down immeasurably. In the end, on odd summer afternoons and accompanied by my cats, I used to jump my wall and stroll around the graveyard with a glass of wine, feeling quite soothed and soaking up the peace. It wasn't as mental as it sounds - (nor am I!) - I was signed off of work at that point with work-related stress and for several weeks revelled in quiet and solitude. I completely get your sense of unchanged security being there. It is 'good' that your grief is morphing into a reflective sadness rather than the terrible sense of loss you must have felt years ago. It will give you such strength and self belief. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great catch up, KathiJo!
    Well done and thank you for sharing.
    Lovely photo of Lily!
    hugs
    /I am so sorry for your loss, KathiJo./

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)