Tuesday 11 September 2012

365/254 Legs.

I am writing a day adrift here.. with good reason.. it was a busy day yesterday and no time to email or blog.. (sorry Karen, I know I owe you a reply x) but we had a lot on!

It was my birthday and Col's brother was down in the afternoon as he had a showing of his film 'Last Shop Standing' about the rise, fall and resurgence of the record shop, at the St Ives Festival, so we all turned out and had tea at the Hub where JB and Ross have been working, then on to the show and out afterwards for a few drinks..

.. so where 'legs' fit into the day I'm not sure.. mine were a little light once I had downed the third Summer Berry Daquiri.. a double shot of rum and a shot of our new favourite Chambord in each one, but to be fair it tasted fantastic!   But that was about it, after the film my plan was to go on to the Comedy night at the Western Hotel but on arrival it was £12 a ticket and having had some not-that-funny nights there for Comedy before, we decided it wasn't the best spend of £60 we could think of!!  

So quick drink and home, by then Andy Murray was settling into his match and what great news he won that match overnight!

I had some great presents, loads of scrapping stuff, papers and tools (Tom my SIL likes the idea of proper tools for a present.. he doesn't get the paper thing!.. Lilly bought me sour sweets and the blingiest stash items you can imagine, all her favourites!), necklace, spa stuff, a picture and more! 

Unexpectedly mid morning I just took my phone out of my bag and saw it was ringing... my brother called  to wish me HB and I was so made up.. he told me not to talk as much as usual (!) as he was on Ship to Shore radio and would call again when in from sea!  It's his Wedding Anniversary the day after, on Sept 11th, two disaster anniversaries on one day he laughs!  We catch up on our birthdays and Christmas and despite it not being often I still feel deeply for him, maybe even more so now it is just us.. kind of acknowledging we are the only two 'alike' in our world.. yet so so different in more ways, if I am honest!

So.. legs.. a picture.. Ross and April cuddled up this eve on sofa (11th)>>

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kathi I forgot, so sorry hope you had a fantastic day, well you did by sounds of it. Owe you a belated drink :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)