Saturday 8 September 2012

365/252 Eyes

This is a quickie, the morning after a very busy day before.. I forgot to take photos of a lovely family afternoon and evening, but  Lisa says it means I must have been enjoying myself instead of taking photos!

So.. Saturday..yesterady.. potted herb history.. trip to town, got my nails done (this has become the new fad for me, just a tidy look with gellish nails, not a big glam effect, honest, it stops me biting and is a nicer way to spend a few quid looking nice than the previous waxing which is not needed now I resorted to some laser treatment...(at long last, after much consideration and 'go on, you should's from Col)...

well, there I met an old, old pal (as in years ago, not age) I spent five years very close with from sixth form til the end of college days, we swapped letters in the days before mobile and shared lagers in the sun during 'A' Levels.. well she still lives near me and we swap ducks now and then, usually when I am a watcher and she is a proceeder (!?) in the Mazey Day schools processions...well it turns out she actually found my blog one day by accident! And she wants to come scrapbooking../ it was so exciting, so much to say and tell but I tried not to overwhelm her and hope we see her at Newlyn soon.. I know she will be so good, she did Art at school and Teacher Training and is so naturally talented..

.. then got myself some new sunglasses.. yeah I know, summer is over almost, but mine broke and I only have reading sunnies which makes looking across the sea pretty hard!.. and off to a big food shop, about the third in ten days.. barbecue and salads and lots of drinks, mainly soda and juices, but proper summery stuff.  Home, then prep for couple of hours til Lisa and crew arrived, followed closely by my ex-niece-in-law... you know how you inherit people after other peoples marriages finish, and actually it's the non relations you get on with best and are the nicest people.. well Al is one of them, she was one of the very few people who helped me with Mum, she and her kids came even when it was hard and not a particularly easy social call and helped me out when I needed to have a moment or two's respite from caring...  Well she bought her new guy and his kids, they all got on great and he and Col had loads in common, so altogether there were about 18 of us and best of all Lilly and Lyla had kids to amuse / harrass and everyone had a great time. I can't remember sitting down much but hope that means everyone was well looked after!

The only pic I took was of a cake Kate bought Zac for his birthday, we ate it yesterday.. I think the eyes are still here though!

.. oh and this morning an amazing moment, Kate and Jordan discussing eye make up,.. no animosity, no teasing or flouncing involved..a gorgeous moment I hope we get more of as the years progress.. thanks huns x
..and if I recall some sharing of a calculator and Zac helping with some Maths homework.. has the world jolted from its axis.. nah, I am just (b)logging the moments for when I feel the need to moan next time!


(and what was it I said about a quickie blog.. well it's what Sundays are for... ironing, catching up and a bitabloggin')

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great day yesterday. Love your eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. more about the lasering please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post to cheer me up this evening. I like tales from the KathiJo house :)

    Love the cake and that there were so many lovely people to share it and a getting along in a new way is fab isn't it.

    I've said it before, that is a couple of beautiful girls you have there....xxx

    A new old friend, brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cake looks great and beautiful eyes from the girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have gorgeous girls. And this cake ... yummy ! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)