Friday 31 August 2012

365/244 Through a window

 I was going to take something special just for this prompt as I like the chance to not be too specific with a word. I think phrases or favorite song lines or something like that would be fun prompts, maybe if we all had longer or just a weekly prompt and longer to think about it.. but then maybe it would be Friday and we'd forget altogether, like most of us on the Happy Scrappers monthly scrap challenge... who knows!

My favourite 'window' pictures are Jordan's altered images I featured a long while back...you can see them here!

.. but browsing on my house pc I found more of her pics and thought it would be nice to show these oldies.. I reckon it was about 3 and half years ago, we had a day in London on Kate's birthday on the way home from holiday.. we were shattered but did the 'Eye' and had some time out.. In the top picture you can see the Thames Barrier, I used to hear a lot about it as it was a high profile and dangerous job for commercial divers way back in the day!  




 The second pic is Col and Zac, amidst some engineering discussion no doubt!  Zac is on his last few days away now, a three day cruise, lots of goodbyes, some sad I guess as he has made some good friends and one in particular.. (shhh.. we shall see, I will wait the appropriate amount of time before asking.. or maybe she will call first and I will know!  ;-) and I know he will read this.. stalking mums and sons eh! )

So he will leave the ship Monday,. maybe even on Sunday and set off on the long trip home from Sydney, arriving in London 5am on Tuesday. We were both going to fetch him but I decided to leave it to Col, let him enjoy the chat with Zac and then I can be here all tidied and with a meal ready... I feel more organised with him coming back this time, have even sorted some car insurance for him on our car so he can get out if he needs to whilst he's here (and maybe he can fetch Kate and save me a trip or too.. and then I can have a glass or two!)

It is Zac's 20th birthday Wednesday so it will be good to have him here, maybe lazy lunch (though I have the dentist first thing.. eeek, hate it but then get brave once it's done!)
I really like remembering his birthday and stuff as we had him the same year we got married and it's like a soppy little revisit to the times.. twenty years seems so long but in another sense it has gone in a flash..

Loving writing on the house pc, I have been blogging on my tablet mostly and the keys and stuff are quite awkward for blogging as apparently the software isn't fully synchable (?) with tabs , hence my prolific rambling when all I meant to do was bung up the pics!  Better go, everyone will be looking for a meal!

6 comments:

  1. Aww it's really close then, him coming home, yay for you all.

    I love the photos, great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos and so nice to have Zac nearly home, hope the dentist goes well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that Zac is coming home, guess he went as a boy and home as a man?
    I would have to be at the airport to meet him, well done letting Col go, think it is the right decision xxx

    LOL to him reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your stories and the way you tell them. Jordan's photos are great. 20 for Zac, I can see something special coming his way !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to read Zac is coming home and has a birthday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wonderful for you to have your boy home. So right - gone in a flash. I always thought that the title of that old show 'This Is Your Life' would have been better titled 'Blimey, There Went Your Life, Did You See It?' but maybe that's just my doom and gloom approach to the relentless march of time........

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)